✂️πŸ‘šThe making of Eid dress part 2πŸ‘š✂️

Asalam u alaiqum (peace be upon you) Beautiful people 
How you doing! I hope you are doing well. Welcome to second and final part of making a Pleated dress with braided lace. If you are a new reader than you can read my first part of this project here - ✂️πŸ‘šThe making of Eid dress - part 1πŸ‘š✂️  In this post I will explain how I like to make pleated skirt and braided lace for the dress (If you do not like to read then skip this to watch a video down below or you can see on right side of the page there is my Youtube play list Fashion designing' you can watch videos by clicking it) Let us start the making of my Eid dress part 2...
The material I am working on for dress skirt is Light Gold Viscous Shimmer Thin Fabric. I did not cut the skirt in shape other then length. Have as much fabric for flare in width. I pin the middle point of the skirt...Then I marked pleats, leaving space in between (about 4-inches) front and back. I also mark the bottom, where I want pleats to end on a skirt (it depends on length)...I made pleats by pining them to keep in place (pleat size 1-inch)It should come up to your waist/hip measurement. If it does not like mine change some pleat size from 1-inch to 1 and half inch...Ironing the pleats will make it easier to sew also give neat look...Transfer pleated skirt to the sewing machine. Using an average length straight stitch, I place one fold of a pleat under the foot beginning at waist point. Sewing along the fold (when it comes to the end I finish sewing by slightly moving the foot towards the folded crease (repeat for the remaining folds) For tutorial watch my Youtube video. After sewing the pleats I sew the blouse with pleated skirt and then the undergarment net skirt. In addition, this is how it end up looking....Always cut the extra fabric...How I made Braided Lace
My dress was ready; to give unique look I decided to make braided lace. I cut Long strips of shimmer fabric (width about 6-inches) This was for the bottom of dress and for neckline/sleeves (stripe width 4-inches)...Sew the seam of stripes leaving less then an inch allowance with machine stitch and take the strip of fabric inside out. It is exactly the same way of my Braided Headband Post...Because these strip of fabric was very long, instead of putting needle-thread wrong side inwards through the strip of fabric to the other end and pull the fabric out, here is one of my ways to make the process faster. Secure the one end of fabric with needle-thread...Take your elastic puller thing (do not know the name of it hehe). Take needle-thread through the hole three times (just like it shown in pictures below)...Now needle-thread is secure. Take it through the strip of fabric to the other end and pull the fabric out. It is faster and easy. You will leave with neat and clean strip of fabric...Secure the ends together of three same sized stripes with needle-thread to start braiding...After braiding the stripes. This is how it end up looking...They were three different size (1 for bottom of the dress, 2 scarf and 3 neckline/sleeves)...I was making two exact same dresses. If I hand stitched the braided lace it would took longer so I did not think a faster and easy way other then glue gun. I use embroidery fabric for scarf...After glue the braided lace to the scarf and dress (pictures)...Bottom of the dress
Sleeves of the dressBack neckline of the dress (front neckline is simple)Thats about it. This is how I like to wear. The pleats will settle nicely on 
your waist and from bottom, it gives flare look to the dress. I will be uploading another post Lookbook of this dress soon but if you cannot wait till then you can always look into my instagram pictures @Annie Omar ((: If you are liking my work then it will make me happy if you follow my blog and subscribe to my Youtube channel to never miss a post/video. I try my fully best to explain and show how to be your own dress designer. I am not professional. This is how I learn. Have a beautiful day beautifuls (: x!
A ♡ O
My youtube channel - www.youtube.com/ AnnieOmarThoughts
Video
✂️Making of Pleated Dress with Braided Lace✂️ Part 2
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Blogger Template by pipdig